Window Writer

24 April 2010

Letter to my daughter..


Flower Child

It is early morning here and almost time of my 38 year old daughter’s birth – she was the first baby born that day…… Oh how I vividly remember those moments. I don’t recall in vivid detail the un-comfortableness of it all, but the images of that day and that moment will never leave me - it was then, that I was forever changed. I became a mother.

So I sit here window side in the quiet of this morning, looking out onto the canal waterways – there is no movement – silence wraps around me like a soft blanket. The murky water remains glass like and the trees are barely showing their tiny buds. It is here where I will embrace her in my mind and in my heart.

What I would really wish on this day is to have her next to me so I could hold her serving hands in mine, and as the tears would well up in my eyes, I would communicate to her how very beautiful that I think she is, how proud I am of her and how very blessed I feel being her mother… she truly is one of God’s most beautiful creations.

So for now, I will just imagine her here with me and I will do what I love to do… write. I will write to her and celebrate ‘her’ with the affection of words.

I have contemplated for days as what I was going to write, perfection and expectations suffocating my muses, it is not for lack of content, but rather the limitation of having so much to say and keeping it somewhat reasonable in length.

“My Beautiful daughter ~ you are the fragrance of a fine perfume …

I love that you have blossomed into the most beautiful of flowers. You carry a ‘strong’ fragrance of who you are and what you stand for – but you leave the ‘sweetness’ of your scent in your every movement…….

….Flowers are the language of love. You are the flower of love and beauty in our family garden. Yes, you are the fragrance of a fine perfume …”

With tender love ~ Mom