Window Writer

25 April 2010

I Prefer The Dragon Fly

Dragonfly

I prefer “Blues”.

I prefer black.

I prefer the snarls of long curls.

I prefer the fit of pants to the looseness of a dress.

I prefer the height of stilettos to the soles of running shoes.

I prefer the chaos of the city to the normalcy of suburban dwelling.

I prefer the nakedness of a minimalist to a blanket of clutter.

I prefer a convertible to hard tops.

I prefer a new sense of consciousness.

I prefer opportunity to luck.

I prefer lattes to the drip.

I prefer creative non-fiction to novels of mystery.

I prefer the power of a meditative bath.

I prefer creative and quiet spaces.

I prefer a still camera to cinematography.

I prefer the art of long hand to stroking of keys.

I prefer being behind the camera to being in front.

I prefer the existence of two as one in longevity.

I prefer the company of family to commitments to friends.

I prefer calm to drama.

I prefer integrity without compromise.

I prefer big skies and field of grain.

I prefer the light of morning to the night’s darkness.

I prefer to have no expectations to being disappointed.

I prefer peace and rebuilding to the tortures of war.

I prefer traveling to undeveloped countries.

I prefer humanitarians and spiritual journeys.

I prefer the sanctuary of the Dragonfly.

February 2008 - PNCA Writing With The Muse