Window Writer

25 April 2010

Eye Prefer


Eye Prefer

Eye prefer sitting here window side in an Amsterdam Kennel writing…

In the moonless hour of the morning I made my way through the dimly lighted Portland Oregon neighborhood to my favorite coffee house. The morning chilliness called for being wrapped up in an oversized wool scarf and wearing my sheep skinned boots. As I entered this antique decorated small sized establishment, my home away from home, the sweet smell of fresh baked goods and the warmth from the ovens wrapped around me like a soft winter blanket. Coffee awakened my senses and my cravings ….

I found my place window side; the table lamp provided a soft glow that warmed up the space and this is where I settled in. I love this space.

On this particular day I was to create a narrative, a character-profile of myself using the two-worded muse “ I prefer”.

My writing became simplistic and rhythmic - my fingers performed across the keyboard, like a guitarist fingers his guitar strings. The assignment pulled me inward – my challenge was to find the preferences that described who I was – what was my greater taste for one thing over another…

I gained great insight to my “preference”, my character. This assignment was an inspiration and a challenge. I appreciated the stretch.