Window Writer

27 September 2010

Journaling




Inspired to Journal

The day brought heavy moisture from the constant rains; a good day to sit window side, reflect and write. 

I have never kept diaries or journals; I wish I had.  I see that there is such a value in a series of writings, where pages are filled with responses to life experiences and evolving phases of inner wisdom. It becomes a perfect partner to connecting more intimately with one’s true self.

I was never inspired to keep a diary; I believed that it was just a formal pattern of daily entries cataloging mundane observations and activities; fairly outward focused.  I didn’t feel it as a safe place to write.

I look at journaling a bit differently, as an inward focus.  For me, it provides more of a safe haven to explore new ideas, clarify my values and practice my integrity.  In my observation, journaling does not seem to be defined as a simple catalogue of day-to-day events but rather a dialogue carried over a period of time with a focused collection of musings and distinctive observations. 

For me, journal writing fosters courage. 

Today I found myself journal writing bringing a profound clarity and peacefulness to an emotional and deep experience of memorializing my dearest friend.  It cleansed my heart and brought me to explore another distinctive meaning of my experience.